The latest infographics on how mobile is paving the way for digital marketing advancements
Digital Marketing is changing. In an innovative, technologically advanced market such as mobile; its hardly surprising that new and more elaborate trends are emerging and changing the way businesses market. If you plan to succeed and compete in this industry, I suggest you take note!
econsultancy.com posted a very useful article regarding mobile trends including global usage, mobile search, email and mobile commerce growth statistics.
As the number of people opening emails via their smartphones escalates (Per e-mail 9.29% of total opens comes from mobile devices, with an 80% growth from the previous six months of email opens via mobile devices - June 2011), it is imperative that your email marketing blasts are "mobile friendly". Top tips highlighted to achieve this include:
- Enlarge fonts
- Ensure the scale meets the screen size
- Enlarge the "call to action" font
- Streamline and simplify headers and design
- Minimise images to avoid blocking
- Put across a short and concise message
- Use a single-column template
- Be touch screen simple - large links for fingers to click