Businesses everywhere are aware of the vital importance that a slogan adds to the branding of their organisation, as it plays a critical role when creating the overall image of the business helping it cement itself into the psyche of customers and shoppers alike. When creating an eBay Store it is equally as significant and beneficial to your over representation to create and have a lasting slogan that is easy, quick and noticeable.
One must never underestimate the sheer volume of sellers on eBay, and along side creating a memorable logo, eBay templates and ensuring maximum potential through unique products and customer service, a slogan will only ever act as a great motivator when trying to reach full selling potential.
A slogan naturally must contain a few words of impact, something memorable, a punch line as per say that many will remember. Nike's "just do it" is a perfect example, you are basically trying to express what your brand is all about and what it stands for in one simple, concise tagline.
One must understand the difficulties of trying to create a great slogan; companies are forever changing their slogans with new improved ones. A good well designed logo put together with a great slogan can work wonders as an advertising element all on their own, creating a marketing business strategy for success.
Your online business whether that is an ecommerce website or an eBay store, will have been created with the overall concept of the site or eBay templates taken into consideration, colours, product placement, design everything will have been meticulously planned, therefore to bring everything together your brand name, logo and slogan must encompass everything you want to say about your business identity projecting it in a positive light. This will not only strengthen your chances of success but will also help create a total brand image that is easily recognisable, easily referenced and encouraged to grow.
Here are some key points to creating a memorable Slogan –
- The Brand - Understand what it is you would like your customers to know about you, your business and your products. What is the ethos behind your eBay store, why did you create it, and what do you want it to project? How do you want it to be remembered?
- Creativity – It is by no means of surprise that we say people today have very short attention spans, therefore by creating slogan that is extremely catchy and that forces its way into viewers minds it will only ever improve the chances of success. Action verbs are a great way to call attention and give your tagline the impact it requires.
- Benefit – Express the benefits of your product through your slogan, by ensuring it induces your brand uniqueness, and how your service will deliver a different but great experience.
- Short and Precise – keep it simple, a tagline is just that. It expresses your views and ambitions in 3 -7 words.
- Believe in it – Trust in your slogan and give it time to develop and create its own identity, don't fall into the trap of consistently changing your tagline as a quick fix.